Saturday, January 12, 2008

Trinkets

As Megan over at by&by posted over 2 years ago that
Most high school students do not give Christmas gifts to their teachers, and my students are no exception.
And neither are mine. But I have collected a few trinkets and as I look around my desk, I see them. An art project given to me (it's a cardboard box with a figurine on the inside), a photo of the Prom court from the first Prom I ever chaperoned, a picture with one of my motivational phrases on it.

Not many things, but it is great to look at them and think about the students who gave them to me. It gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling to think that they took the time to give me something. And it makes it easier to remember my past students.

I am curious, what trinkets or gifts have you received, and what do they make you think about when you see them?


No comments: